Friday 16 March 2018

Sea week poem/artwork.

For sea week my class had to create a poem and a picture for a line of a poem called sea fever by John Masefield. The line I chose was "To the call of the running tide" And so I drew this.
My poem went like this.
Flying fish leaping high over waves
“I can’t catch this.” fisherman John raves.
A big giant oarfish writhes around.
Fisherman Johns small boat runs aground.
Salmon flopping up a swift stream
Majestic Dolphins swim, hunt and dream
Beautiful ocean, vast and deep
lots of curious people want a peek

2 comments:

  1. Hi Arly, As I was reading through your interesting poem I was surprised because the powerful words you have added, and the picture you have drawn. It must of been an interesting story for a reader like me to read from. Your story has hooked me in and was making me want to read more. I was wondering if your story was hard to write and the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arly I love your artistic story it is the best one I have ever read and I also like your drawing it is the best work I have seen in my life you should become an author an illustrator. I think you can make your blurb a little longer. Keep up the fantastic work and illustrations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.